Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harlan, Kentucky Here I Come!

I'm getting stuff ready for my service trip and I'm feeling both nervous and excited. This will sound childish but I really haven't been away from Chicago for more than a couple of days and a week seems like such a long time to be away from home. I'm hoping that this will somehow force me to grow up in that sense. Luckily, I've had an awesome summer so far and this will hopefully be a really swell experience and nice break from being at home, amongst all the drama.

On a sidenote, Duck Soup at the Movies in the Park was really neat. I just love being in Grant Park because I have an excuse for taking the train and walking around downtown as well as being in a beautiful park on a swell night. Plus, last night we got this silly Groucho Marx glasses so we could beat the Guinness World Record for Most People Wearing Groucho Marx Glasses At One Time. It was sorta like The Shared Experience thing on Jimmy Fallon. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment